Redemptorists logo
Our Mother of Perpetual Help Icon
Since 1732, the Redemptorists — a congregation of missionary priests and brothers — have followed in Jesus’ footsteps, preaching the Word and serving the poor and most abandoned.
Redemptorists logo


Features
Thursday

St. Mary’s College in North East, PA

Many Redemptorists of the Baltimore Province took their first steps towards their vocations at their former high school seminary, St. Mary’s College in North East, PA, which the Redemptorists founded in 1881 and is now part of Mercyhurst College. For over 100 years young men discerned, during their "North East days," their vocation either to the Redemptorist way of life or to another of life’s pathways.

To commemorate the 125th anniversary of the founding, almost 200 former students, Redemptorists and non-Redemptorists alike, gathered, along with their families, at the former seminary on the first weekend in August, to celebrate a mutual history, share fond memories, and renew old friendships.

O Sacrum Convivium:

The men with family and friends sing "O Sacrum Convivium" (O Scared Banquet), a hymn frequently sung by the student choir during Mass at the seminary.


Fr. Arthur Wendel, C.Ss.R.

On this anniversary weekend, the alumni honored Fr. Arthur Wendel, C.Ss.R., on his 60th anniversary of profession as a Redemptorist and for his years of ministry (1962-1973) as a teacher and Choir Director at St. Mary’s.


The Bells of St. Mary’s

Baltimore Province Vocation Director, Fr. Philip Dabney, C.Ss.R., (St. Mary’s Class of 1970) invites the congregation to sing "The Bells of St. Mary’s."