Redemptorists logo
Our Mother of Perpetual Help Icon
Since 1732, the Redemptorists — a congregation of missionary priests and brothers — have followed in Jesus’ footsteps, preaching the Word and serving the poor and most abandoned.
Redemptorists logo


Features
Saturday

Mr. & Mrs. Henry (Mary Lee) Schab installed as Oblates of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer

Mr. and Mrs. Henry Schab, Oblates of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer, and their family

 

V. Reverend Father Patrick Woods, C.Ss.R. installed Mr. & Mrs. Henry (Mary Lee) Schab as Oblates of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer, the Redemptorists, in a special Mass concelebrated by the Redemptorist community at St. Mary’s, Annapolis, MD, and former pastosrs, Fr. Kevin Milton, C.Ss.R. and Fr. Denis Sweeney, C.Ss.R.

Mr. and Mrs. Schab, Annapolis natives, have been closely associated with St. Mary’s Parish over the course of their entire married life, sixty-three years. They were instrumental in initiating the Pre-Cana for the Parish and worked with it for many years. Hank has been a extraordinary minister of the Eucharist from the time that lay ministers were allowed. Both have always had a warm relationship with all of the parish priests down through the years. For example, every Saturday, they go to the Amish market and buy sandwiches and various other foods for the Redemptorists, because they heard that there is no cook on the weekends. They’ve been doing this for years.

St. Mary’s current pastor, Fr. John Kingsbury, C.Ss.R., requested that a petition be made to the Congregation’s Superior General, M. Rev. Joseph Tobin, C.Ss.R. to install them as Redemptorists Oblates.

Letter from V. Rev. Patrick Woods, C.Ss.R., Provinical Superior to Most Rev. Joseph Tobin, Superior General of the Redemptorists