Redemptorists logo
Our Mother of Perpetual Help Icon
Since 1732, the Redemptorists — a congregation of missionary priests and brothers — have followed in Jesus’ footsteps, preaching the Word and serving the poor and most abandoned.
Redemptorists logo


Features
Sunday

Joint Statement from the Archdiocese of Baltimore and the Redemptorists Regarding Ministry in East Baltimore

In a statement released January 18, the Redemptorists announced that they were no longer able to maintain the aging historic buildings of St. Michael’s/St. Patrick’s Parish in East Baltimore.

In consultation with the Archdiocese of Baltimore, they developed a plan to close St. Michael’s and create a bi-cultural parish at Sacred Heart of Jesus in Highlandtown, which is also cared for by the Redemptorists. This new bi-cultural parish would allow the Redemptorists to continue and to expand their ministry to the Catholic community in East Baltimore, especially the Hispanic community.

Complete details of that plan were shared with the affected communities the weekend of February 5-6 in a joint letter from Baltimore Archbishop Edwin O’Brien and Redemptorist Provincial Kevin Moley. Click on a link below to read the letter (PDF) in English or Spanish.

Click here to read the letter in English.

Click here to read the letter in Spanish.